Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free option available)
- 225g butter
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups flour (for gluten free replace with almond meal or gluten free flour)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Baking Paper
- Brownie tray (24cm)
- Wooden spoon
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Cover bottom of tray with baking paper.
- In a saucepan melt butter on low heat. Turn off heat and add cocoa, vanilla extract and sugar. Allow to cool slightly.
- Beat eggs into pan. Add flour (or gluten free option), salt and chopped nuts (if using).
- Pour mixture into pan and place in pre-heated oven. Bake for 25-30minutes (or until the top is set but the mixture is still gooey)
- Turn onto cooling rack and allow to cool. Once cool, cut into squares.
For a little extra treat: Chocolate Sauce
- Mix 75g dark chocolate (broken into pieces), 125ml double cream, 1 tablespoon golden syrup into a saucepan and melt together over low heat.
- Once melted remove the sauce from the heat, pour into a jug. Then pour the sauce over the brownie when you’re ready to eat it.