Savoury Meatballs (Gluten free option)
These are great as a starter, nibbles or for a pot luck dinner dish. They are also very easy to make. These can be eaten fresh or stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week (just heat them in the oven or microwave before serving).
- 500 g mince meat
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup stale bread crumbs (can be removed for gluten free option)
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Fry pan
- Biscuit tray lined with baking paper
- Your favourite dipping sauces (Tomato, BBQ or Soy sauce)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl mix the meat, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, Italian herbs, salt and pepper until well combine
- Take a heaped teaspoon of meat mixture and roll into a ball
- Heat the stove up (turn on high heat) and place in oil in the fry pan
- Place the meatballs in the fry pan and cook until they are brown
- Remove the meatballs from the fry pan and place them on the lined baking tray (be very carefully as they will be hot)
- Place the tray with the meatballs into the oven and cook for 20 minutes (or until the meatballs are cooked through) [if you don’t have an oven skip this step by cooking the meatballs all the way through on a medium heat in the fry pan]
- Remove from the oven and serve fresh with your favourite dipping sauce and enjoy
If you make the meatballs a little bigger (say a dessert spoon of meat mixture) and mix with a tomato (pasta) sauce. Add your favourite pasta (cooked of course) and you have yourself a delicious dinner.
If you want to add more spice then add 1 red chilli (finely chopped and seedless) in at step 2.