Chocolate Cake (gluten free)
This is a really good cake and actually rather simple, despite what it looks like. It is also really good if you need a gluten free cake.
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup nut meal (hazelnut or almond)
- 250g Butter (unsalted)
- 100 g dark chocolate
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 Eggs (separated)
- 100ml cream
- 160g dark chocolate
- 375 g soften butter
- 500 g icing sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line 2 20 cm round cake pan
- Melt chocolate and butter. Stir in everything else (except for egg whites). Beat egg whites in a separate bowl to a stiff peak. Fold into the rest of the mixture.
- Pour into tins, level surfaces. Place in oven and cook for 35 mins. Remove from oven; stand for 5 mins and then put on to a cooling rack.
- Heat cream over a medium heat. Bring to boil, remove from heat and add chocolate. Stand for 2-3mins, until chocolate is melted. Whisk until smooth. Stand for 20 mins until cooled and thickened. (This is your ganache)
- Beat butter until as white as possible. Beat in icing sugar and milk. (This is your butter cream filling)
- When cake is cooled, cake cakes into 2. Sandwich 4 layers together with butter cream filling. Top with ganache